Could you be drinking carcinogens and high fructose corn syrup when you enjoy a beer or two? An article at Banoosh documents the disturbing ingredients that are found in some of the world’s most popular brands.
We’re downright depressed that Newcastle and Guinness are both on that list. It’s a shame that corners are cut and nasty ingredients are used because of profit and growth. We recommend supporting microbreweries get back to the basics – hops, malted grains, rhizomes and other natural stuff.
From the article, the following beers are listed as organic, non-GMO, unpasteurized and unfiltered.
- Lamar Street – Whole Foods label (brewed by Goose Island)
- Bison – all beers
- Dogfish Head (organic when ingredients available)
- Fish Brewery Company – Fish Tale Ales
- Lakefront Brewery – Organic ESB
- Brooklyn – (organic when ingredients are available)
- Pinkus – all beers
- Samuel Smiths – Samuel Smiths Organic Ale
- Wychwood – Scarecrow Ale
A few other breweries to check out: Eel River Brewing Company, Wolaver’s (Oatmeal Stout!), Butte Creek Brewing Company and Peak Organic Brewing Company.
Green Valley Brewing Company makes Stone Mill Pale Ale using 100% organic barley malt. Green Valley is the certified organic brewery of Anheuser-Busch – see, they can do it if they want to!(image h/t MEJones)